Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
First things first -- you need to stop the leak. You can either shut off the water source yourself or call a plumber for emergency services.
Next, call a water damage restoration company 407-226-2621. It’s important to water removal services be performed ASAP to keep the water from damaging your property and everything inside of it.
Finally, call your insurance company. Let them know SERVPRO of South Orange County is handling the water damage mitigation for your property. Give your insurance claim number to our office, and we’ll start processing your claim with your insurance adjuster.
Rest assured that should you ever need our water damage restoration services, we are available for 24 hour emergency dispatch. Our team of experienced technicians will arrive and explain the restoration process to you.
While we explain the water damage cleanup process, you will likely hear many of these industry terms.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (407) 794-2633
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.